The dark and mysterious TH13TEEN is the world's first vertical free fall drop rollercoaster.
Speed round the track, enter the ancient crypt, and face the horror that lies within.
If you go down to the woods today you'd better not go alone...
Rollercoaster Top Tip: Take the kids with you on this family coaster for all ages.
The dark and mysterious TH13TEEN is the world's first vertical freefall drop rollercoaster.
TH13TEEN, Alton Towers’ Secret Weapon 6, includes moving track parts that turn brave thrill seekers and family visitors into falling objects within the unstable crypt! After hitting the ground, it seems like there’s no way out - it’s time to shift gears, into reverse!
The vertical freefall drop coaster puts your body through 3.2G force. But more than that, this “psychoaster” is designed to create a new level of psychological fear! Unlike dive coasters in theme parks across the world, TH13TEEN catches riders off guard. There’s no ticking lift hill; there’s no warning; this free fall ride drops you 5m through the air with no remorse.
- Location: Dark Forest
- Maximum Height: 20m
- Top speed: 42kph
- G-Force: +3.2G
- Capacity: 1400 riders per hour
- Can you ride?
You must be at least 1.2m to ride.
If you are 1.96m or over you can't ride
Thirteen, despite having an almighty mountain of expectation to climb, does not disappoint. It's fast, it's frightening and it makes you scream.
Did You Know?
- To save people from their superstitions, Th13teen was temporarily renamed ‘FOU13TEEN’ on Friday the 13th August 2010.
- Th13teen sits where the iconic Corkscrew used to twist thrill seekers round a double loop inversion.
- Th13teen was designed by John Wardley, the rollercoaster genius behind Oblivion and Galactica.
- Th13teen sits in the Dark Forest, beneath the exhilarating airtime hills of Rita.