What's a Season Pass?
Unlike a traditional annual pass, a Season Pass doesn’t cost you when the park is closed. From just £58, you can enjoy all the excitement of the 2020 theme park season. Visit as many times as you like, from Spring through to November (with some dates excluded).
What’s more, for just £17 extra, you can upgrade to a Premium Season Pass. Going Premium gives you unlimited access to our rides and attractions including the brand new Alton Towers Dungeon & free car parking!
Perks of Theme Park Season Pass
- Access to more than 40 rides and attractions, time and time again.
- Unmissable discounts on overnight stays
- Exclusive access to special offers and news
Upgrade to a Premium Season Pass to gain access on the most popular days of the year: summer weekends and Scarefest. Premium membership also lets you explore the new Alton Towers Dungeon and get free car parking entirely included in your pass!
Know Before You Go
Before you buy, we wanted to make sure you're up to date on all the changes we've made to ensure your visit is as safe as always! These changes include requiring all guests (including Season Passholders) to pre-book online in advance for £1. Please take some time to review these changes.
Season Pass Benefits
Short Break Offers
Season Pass holders can extend the fun even further with a discounted overnight stay. Save up to 20% off short breaks at our eccentric, themed hotels and accommodation. Transform a fantastic day out into days and days of theme park adventures! As a hotel guest, you can then make the most of Early Ride Access on some of the UK’s wildest thrill rides. You may have been on our thrill rides before, but have you flown over the resort before anyone else arrives?!
Discounted Extra Day Tickets
There are some special events and popular dates that can sell-out at Alton Towers. But as a Season Pass holder, you’ll get the opportunity to book to visit on pass exclusion dates for only £10 per visit, or upgrade anytime to a Premium Season Pass for just £17. This means that Standard Season Pass holders can unlock Scarefest, Fireworks and Summer Holiday weekends (Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in August) for only a tenner! Meanwhile, Premium Pass holders are just £10 away from attending our Fireworks Spectacular.
Take home all your Alton Towers Resort memories for an entire season! An Alton Towers Digipass gives you access to as many funny rollercoaster photos as you can pose for! As a Season Passholder, you’ll want to remember all the loops, twists and corkscrews all year long.
Bring a friend for £15
Treat your friends and family to a day out for less, with Bring a Friend discounted tickets. For just £15, your friends can join you for a full day of theme park fun available on selected dates excluding Scarefest, Fireworks and on Friday, Saturday & Sunday's in August! Your guests don’t need to be Season Pass holders, but they’ll wish they were! Share your Alton Towers Resort experience with up to 5 friends each visit. Remember: Bring a Friend discounts must be purchased in advance and collected at the park entrance with a valid Season Pass. Unfortunately, this offer is not available during Scarefest, Fireworks and on Friday, Saturday & Sunday's in August. This offer is subject to change and availability
Useful Season Pass Information
What’s the difference between a Season Pass and an Annual Pass?
The Season Pass has replaced the Alton Towers Annual Pass. Unlike the 12-month Annual Pass, the Alton Towers Season Pass doesn’t include the Winter period, when the theme park is closed. This means you only pay for the days when you’re able to enjoy our wild rides and attractions.
If you’re interested in securing a full 12 months of adventure, across 32 landmarks and attractions, explore the possibility of a Merlin Annual Pass.
When does my Season Pass expire?
All our theme park Season Passes are valid from the date of issue until the park closes in November. Make the most of the 2020 season by buying yours today
How can I purchase a Season Pass?
Our best value ticket prices are only available online, via the Alton Towers website. To by your 2020 Season Pass, simply visit our booking page.
Is there a car park for Season Pass holders?
We need to cater for a lot of cars everyday at Alton Towers Resort. Therefore, we can’t provide separate or discounted car parking for our Standard Passholders. Standard car parking costs £6 for the full day. Free Standard Car Parking is available for Premium Passholders
You can enjoy totally free parking if you stay in our resort accommodation. With up to 20% discounts on short breaks, why not extend your day out?!
Standard Season Passes exclude: Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays in August. Scarefest & Fireworks.
Premium Season Passes exclude Fireworks Events. 1 entry into The Alton Towers Dungeon per visit, pre-booked timeslot on day of visit, entry is subject to the Alton Towers Dungeons not being at full capacity
2020 Terms & Conditions
These are the terms and conditions (“Terms”) on which we supply a season pass to the Alton Towers Resort (“Resort”) for the 2020 season (“Season Pass”) to you. Please read these Terms carefully before you submit your order for any Season Pass to us. These Terms tell you who we are, how we will provide the Season Pass to you, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think there is a mistake in these Terms, please contact us to discuss. We are Merlin Attractions Operations Limited, a company registered in England and Wales, with company number 06272935, trading as the Alton Towers Resort (“Alton Towers”) and our registered office address is Link House, 25 West Street, Poole, Dorset BH15 1LD.
These Terms are inherent characteristics of the Season Pass and are independent of any other contract and cannot be varied. Purchase and use of any Season Pass is in accordance with the Resort’s regulations, copies of which are available at the Resort or can be obtained online at altontowers.com/tandcs. Please ensure that you are willing to be bound by these regulations before purchasing your Season
When you place an order for a Season Pass, our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept the order, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us. We will assign a number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
A Season Pass will only be valid when it is used and/or presented by the named holder, it displays a clear photograph which must be a true likeness of the holder and it is within the Validity Period (as defined below). Photocopies or photographs of a Season Pass will not be accepted. Any use or attempted use of a Season Pass in breach of these Terms or the Resort’s regulations will result in the Season Pass
being revoked without compensation. For the avoidance of doubt, pass sharing is a breach of these Terms and any attempted use of a Season Pass by someone other than the photographed and named holder, regardless of the reason, will result in access being refused and the Season Pass being revoked without compensation.
1. The Season Pass permits entry to the Alton Towers Theme Park only.
2. Each Season Pass holder will be issued with his/her own Season Ticket.
3. The purchaser of the Season Pass must be 18 years or over.
4. The Standard Season Pass entitles the holder to admission to the Resort from the date of issue until 8th November 2020 during the Resort’s normal theme park operating hours as upda8ted by Alton Towers from time-to-time, subject to the following date exclusions and the provisions of Term 6 (“Validity Period”):
a. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in August 2020 (i.e. 1st, 2nd, 7th, 8th, 9th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 28th, 29th & 30th August 2020);
b. the Resort’s Scarefest event and
c. the Resort’s fireworks event (“Fireworks”).
The Premium Season Pass entitles the holder to admission to the Resort from the date of issue until 8th November 2020 during the Resort’s normal operating hours subject to the following date exclusions and the provisions on Term 6 (“Validity Period”):
a. The Resort’s fireworks events (“Fireworks”).
The above exclusion dates are subject to change. Please check the Resort’s opening and closing dates and times at altontowers.com/useful-info/opening-times before visit. Please note that the Alton Towers Theme Park is not open every day and not open all year round.
5. Where a Season Pass holder presents to Alton Towers, at their own discretion, proof of disability within the Validity Period, that that customer shall be entitled to obtain a free carer Season Pass (“Carer Season Pass “) which enables them to bring their carer into the Resort with them at no additional cost. Carer Season Passes are issued solely at Alton Towers’ discretion and cannot be obtained online or over the phone. The Carer Season Pass may only be used by the designated carer when accompanying the disabled Season Pass holder. Misuse of the Carer Season Pass will result in both the Carer Season Pass and the related Season Pass being revoked without compensation.
6. Alton Towers, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to vary the opening and closing dates of the Resort and to close, remove or cancel all or any part of the rides, events or facilities within the Resort for any reason including, but not being limited to technical, health and safety and/or operational reasons or due to special events or private functions. For the avoidance of doubt, the full value or any part of the value of the Season Pass will not be refunded nor will any compensation be payable if any of attractions at the Resort are removed or closed during the year.
7. Additional charges apply for entry into:
a. any concerts taking place at the Resort;
b. any themed special events taking place at the Resort, such as Scarefest and Fireworks;
c. all Christmas event openings;
d. secondary attractions at the Resort including, but not limited to, the Alton Towers Dungeon, Waterpark, Extraordinary Golf, Tree Top Quest, Alton Towers Spa, and Scarefest Mazes.
e. Alton Towers Resort Car Parks for Standard Season Passholders. Car parking fees at the Alton Towers Resort will be payable by Standard Season Passholders. Premium Season Passholders are entitled to free standard car parking. Express parking can be purchased on the day for £18 subject to availability, no discounts are available
The Premium Season Pass allows one entry per visit into The Alton Towers Dungeons, fulfilled by pre-booking a timeslot into the dungeon on the day of visit. A Premium Season Pass does not guarantee immediate entry to The Alton Towers Dungeon and Premium Season Passholders are required to book an available time slot or pre-book their entry before entering the Alton Towers Dungeons in order to gain entry. Entry is always subject to the Alton Towers Dungeons not being at full capacity. Please note that Premium Season Passholders may be turned away from the Alton Towers Dungeons if they have not booked in advance. Please note that all time slots are subject to availability.
8. The authorised holder of the Season Pass must show the Season Pass at the turnstile upon entry to the Resort.
9. All Season Passes remain the property of Alton Towers and can be withdrawn at any time. Season Passes are non-transferable and cannot be sold, loaned or given away to or used by a third party. Access may be denied to the Resort in the event of fraud or misuse of the Season Pass, and the Season Pass can be withdrawn from any person whose conduct is deemed to be inappropriate in the absolute discretion of Alton Towers. Inappropriate conduct includes, but is not limited to, allowing or assisting a third party to attempt to gain unauthorised or improper access to the Resort with a Season Pass of which they are not the valid holder. For the avoidance of doubt no refund will be given in such circumstances.
10. Possession of the Season Pass does not guarantee entry to the Resort. The management of the Resort reserves the right to refuse admission for any reason as provided by the Resort’s regulations including, but not being limited to, the Resort reaching full capacity.
11. Entry to the Resort will not be permitted in the event a valid Season Pass cannot be presented for any reason including, but not being limited to, the Season Pass being lost, stolen or forgotten. Failure to present a valid Season Pass will result in a charge of the “on the day” admission rate, which will be non-refundable. Re-entry on the same day requires a hand stamp.
12. Season Passes cannot be used in conjunction with any promotional offer, voucher or advance booking or with any other offer, discount or retail/restaurant incentive unless explicitly stated.
13. Refunds are not available in any circumstances. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
14. Lost Season Passes should be reported to Alton Towers immediately.
15. In the event of a lost Season Pass, Alton Towers will re-issue a replacement Season Pass. Up to three replacement Season Pass can be issued during the Validity Period. An administration fee of £10 will be charged for the re-issue of each lost Season Pass.
16. Alton Towers is entitled, in its absolute discretion, to change the price payable for its Season Pass at any time and for any reason, and may, from time to time, offer pricing or promotional offers at the Resort.
17. Alton Towers reserves the right to vary these Terms by giving you no less than 30 days’ written notice of such variation.
18. Visitors under 12 years of age to the Resort must be accompanied by an individual aged 18 years or over.
19. Visitors under 3 years of age may enter the Resort free of charge.
20. Height, weight, size and age restrictions and medical warnings apply to certain rides and attractions within the Resort. Admittance to rides and attractions are always subject to availability and capacity.
21. Alton Towers shall only use your details under these Terms in accordance with the fair processing notice set out in Annex A. You acknowledge that the processing is necessary for the performance of our contract with you to enable you to obtain and use the Season Pass. Alton Towers reserves the right to use a Season Pass holder’s details to contact them in relation to service information, including, but not limited to, information about changes to these Terms, expiry and/or renewal reminders.
22. Where a Season Pass holder provides evidence of a disability in accordance with Term 5, the Season Pass holder acknowledges that Alton Towers will be collecting sensitive personal data (i.e. health information regarding a disability or impairment). The Season Pass holder agrees that, to the extent that he/she has provided Alton Towers with sensitive personal data, he/she provided it deliberately and voluntarily. The Season Pass holder also expressly consents that Alton Towers can use the sensitive personal data in order to verify the disability status and provide the services relevant to the Season Pass, to the Season Pass holder. Where possible, Alton Towers shall seek to minimise the collection and use of such sensitive personal data, and shall ensure that appropriate safeguards (including confidentiality agreements) are in place to protect such sensitive personal data.
23. Where a Season Pass holder has opted-in to receive information about Alton Towers products and events, Alton Towers will use the Season Pass holder’s details provided in his/her order for a Season Pass for marketing purposes for its products and events. If the Season Pass holder wishes to opt out of receiving such information, the Season Pass holder can do so at any time by contacting Alton Towers at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at Merlin Entertainments Group, Privacy Department, Link House, 25 West Street, Poole, Dorset BH15 1LD. Please note this can take up to 10 working days.