Terms and Conditions
These are the terms and conditions ("Terms") on which we supply a season pass to the Alton Towers Resort ("Resort") for the 2018 season ("Season Pass") to you. Please read these Terms carefully before you submit your order for any Season Pass to us. These Terms tell you who we are, how we will provide the Season Pass to you, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think there is a mistake in these Terms, please contact us to discuss.
We are Merlin Attractions Operations Limited, a company registered in England and Wales, with company number 06272935, trading as the Alton Towers Resort ("Alton Towers") and our registered office address is Link House, 25 West Street, Poole, Dorset BH15 1LD.
These Terms are inherent characteristics of the Season Pass and are independent of any other contract and cannot be varied. Purchase and use of any Season Pass is in accordance with the Resort's regulations, copies of which are available at the Resort or can be obtained online at altontowers.com/tandcs. Please ensure that you are willing to be bound by these regulations before purchasing your Season Pass.
When you place an order for a Season Pass, our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept the order, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us. We will assign a number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order .
A Season Pass will only be valid when it is used and/or presented by the named holder, it displays a clear photograph which must be a true likeness of the holder and it is within the Validity Period (as defined below). Photocopies or photographs of a Season Pass will not be accepted. Any use or attempted use of a Season Pass in breach of these Terms or the Resort’s regulations will result in the Season Pass being revoked without compensation. For the avoidance of doubt, pass sharing is a breach of these Terms and any attempted use of a Season Pass by someone other than the photographed and named holder, regardless of the reason, will result in access being refused and the Season Pass being revoked without compensation.
- The Season Pass permits entry to the Alton Towers Theme Park only.
- Each Season Pass holder will be issued with his/her own Season Ticket.
- The purchaser of the Season Pass must be 18 years or over.
- The Season Pass entitles the holder to admission to the Resort from the date of issue until 4th November 2018 during the Resort's normal theme park operating hours as updated by Alton Towers from time-to-time, subject to the following date exclusions and the provisions of Term 6 ("Validity Period"):
- Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in August 2018 (i.e. 3rd, 4th, 5th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 24th, 25th, 26th & 31st August 2018);
- The first Saturday and Sunday of September 2018 (i.e. 1st & 2nd)
- the Resort's Scarefest event (running on the 6th, 7th, 13th, 14th and 19th October to 2nd November 2018 (inclusive)) ("Scarefest"); and
- the Resort's fireworks event (3rd and 4th November 2018) ("Fireworks").
The above exclusion dates are subject to change.
Please check the Resort's opening and closing dates and times at altontowers.com/useful-info/opening-times before visit. Please note that the Alton Towers Theme Park is not open every day and not open all year round.
- Where a Season Pass holder presents to Alton Towers, at their own discretion, proof of disability within the Validity Period, that that customer shall be entitled to obtain a free carer Season Pass ("Carer Season Pass ") which enables them to bring their carer into the Resort with them at no additional cost. Carer Season Passes are issued solely at Alton Towers' discretion and cannot be obtained online or over the phone. The Carer Season Pass may only be used by the designated carer when accompanying the disabled Season Pass holder. Misuse of the Carer Season Pass will result in both the Carer Season Pass and the related Season Pass being revoked without compensation.
- Alton Towers, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to vary the opening and closing dates of the Resort and to close, remove or cancel all or any part of the rides, events or facilities within the Resort for any reason including, but not being limited to technical, health and safety and/or operational reasons or due to special events or private functions. For the avoidance of doubt, the full value or any part of the value of the Season Pass will not be refunded nor will any compensation be payable if any of attractions at the Resort are removed or closed during the year.
- Additional charges apply for entry into:
- any concerts taking place at the Resort;
- any themed special events taking place at the Resort, such as Scarefest and Fireworks;
- all Christmas event openings;
- secondary attractions at the Resort including, but not limited to, the Alton Towers Resort Waterpark, Extraordinary Golf, Tree Top Quest, Alton Towers Spa and Scarefest Mazes.
- Alton Towers Resort car parks
- The authorised holder of the Season Pass must show the Season Pass at the turnstile upon entry to the Resort.
- All Season Passes remain the property of Alton Towers and can be withdrawn at any time. Season Passes are non-transferable and cannot be sold, loaned or given away to or used by a third party. Access may be denied to the Resort in the event of fraud or misuse of the Season Pass, and the Season Pass can be withdrawn from any person whose conduct is deemed to be inappropriate in the absolute discretion of Alton Towers. Inappropriate conduct includes, but is not limited to, allowing or assisting a third party to attempt to gain unauthorised or improper access to the Resort with a Season Pass of which they are not the valid holder. For the avoidance of doubt no refund will be given in such circumstances.
- Possession of the Season Pass does not guarantee entry to the Resort. The management of the Resort reserves the right to refuse admission for any reason as provided by the Resort's regulations including, but not being limited to, the Resort reaching full capacity.
- Entry to the Resort will not be permitted in the event a valid Season Pass cannot be presented for any reason including, but not being limited to, the Season Pass being lost, stolen or forgotten. Failure to present a valid Season Pass will result in a charge of the “on the day” admission rate, which will be non-refundable. Re-entry on the same day requires a hand stamp.
- Season Passes cannot be used in conjunction with any promotional offer, voucher or advance booking or with any other offer, discount or retail/restaurant incentive unless explicitly stated.
- Refunds are not available in any circumstances. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- Lost Season Passes should be reported to Alton Towers immediately.
- In the event of a lost Season Pass, Alton Towers will re-issue a replacement Season Pass. Up to three replacement Season Pass can be issued during the Validity Period. An administration fee of £10 will be charged for the re-issue of each lost Season Pass.
- Alton Towers is entitled, in its absolute discretion, to change the price payable for its Season Pass at any time and for any reason, and may, from time to time, offer pricing or promotional offers at the Resort.
- Alton Towers reserves the right to vary these Terms by giving you no less than 30 days' written notice of such variation.
- Visitors under 12 years of age to the Resort must be accompanied by an individual aged 18 years or over.
- Visitors under 3 years of age may enter the Resort free of charge.
- Height, weight, size and age restrictions and medical warnings apply to certain rides and attractions within the Resort. Admittance to rides and attractions are always subject to availability and capacity.
- Alton Towers shall only use your details under these Terms in accordance with the fair processing notice set out in Annex A. You acknowledge that the processing is necessary for the performance of our contract with you to enable you to obtain and use the Season Pass. Alton Towers reserves the right to use a Season Pass holder's details to contact them in relation to service information, including, but not limited to, information about changes to these Terms, expiry and/or renewal reminders.
- Where a Season Pass holder provides evidence of a disability in accordance with Term 5, the Season Pass holder acknowledges that Alton Towers will be collecting sensitive personal data (i.e. health information regarding a disability or impairment). The Season Pass holder agrees that, to the extent that he/she has provided Alton Towers with sensitive personal data, he/she provided it deliberately and voluntarily. The Season Pass holder also expressly consents that Alton Towers can use the sensitive personal data in order to verify the disability status and provide the services relevant to the Season Pass, to the Season Pass holder. Where possible, Alton Towers shall seek to minimise the collection and use of such sensitive personal data, and shall ensure that appropriate safeguards (including confidentiality agreements) are in place to protect such sensitive personal data.
- Where a Season Pass holder has opted-in to receive information about Alton Towers products and events, Alton Towers will use the Season Pass holder's details provided in his/her order for a Season Pass for marketing purposes for its products and events. If the Season Pass holder wishes to opt out of receiving such information, the Season Pass holder can do so at any time by contacting Alton Towers at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at Merlin Entertainments Group, Privacy Department, Link House, 25 West Street, Poole, Dorset BH15 1LD. Please note this can take up to 10 working days.
May Half Term Free Fastrack with Season Pass purchase or collection
This voucher for one free fastrack (“Voucher”) entitles the holder one free fastrack ride at Alton Towers Theme Park when purchasing an Alton Towers Season Pass (“Season Pass”) at Alton Towers Resort between 26th May – 3rd June 2018 or when collecting a Season Pass between 26th May – 3rd June 2018 bought online at altontowers.com. If the holder of the Season Pass accepts the Fastrack voucher, he/she agrees to be unconditionally bound by these terms & conditions:
1 The free fastrack Voucher is only available when buying a new full priced Season Pass or upgrading an existing ticket to a new full price Season Pass at Alton Towers Resort between 26th May – 3rd June 2018, or when collecting between 26th May – 3rd June 2018 a new full priced Season Pass bought online at altontowers.com
2 The free fastrack Voucher is only valid once, and only valid on the same date the Season pass is purchased or collected, and only inside the date range of 26th May – 3rd June 2018. The valid use date is marked on the Voucher.
3 One free fastrack Voucher per season pass transaction. Each Voucher entitles one use per person per Season Pass purchased or collected. The number of people is marked on the Voucher.
4 The fastrack Voucher may only be used once on the ride stated on the Voucher. No exchange for alternative ride is offered or permitted.Fastrack Vouchers are valid on one of eight rides at Alton Towers Resort as stated on the Voucher.
5 Size, height, weight, age restrictions and medical warnings apply to the rides and/or attractions for which the Voucher is valid on. Both the ride and Fastrack Voucher can only be used by those meeting the ride restrictions. Fastrack tickets do not give choice of seating and may still incur a wait time.
6 The fastrack Voucher is not transferable, has no cash value and is automatically void if sold or offered for sale. or if any attempt or offer is made to transfer the Voucher for value. Photocopies will not be accepted.
7 Terms and conditions also apply to the purchase and use of an Alton Towers Season Pass – full terms and conditions of the Alton Towers Season Pass can be found at altontowers.com/seasonpass
8 Check opening dates and times before your visit at altontowers.com. All dates and times are subject to change.
9 The Voucher remains the property of Merlin at all times and Merlin reserves the right to take possession of the Voucher at any time. The Voucher must be presented at the ride Fastrack entrance and surrendered.
10 Alton Towers reserve the right, in their absolute discretion, to refuse entry and to close and/or alter all or any part of the facilities including closure of rides and/or attractions and removal of figures for technical, operational, health and safety or other reasons where physical access or operation is not safe, practical or physically possible including over capacity.
11 All Attraction information is subject to change; please check the attraction websites(s) below before your visit for the latest information.
12 Entry into Alton Towers Resort will be subject to the terms and conditions of entry, which can be found at altontowers.com/tandcs
13 In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Alton Towers Resort or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this Voucher promotion, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Alton Towers reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these Voucher terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
14 If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
15 These terms and conditions are governed by relevant UK law and you and we agree to only bring legal actions about these terms and conditions in a UK court. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement you and we may agree to refer the matter to arbitration but you and we are not restricted from bringing court proceedings.