Apprentice Multi-Skilled Engineer
About the roles
Where better to start your Engineering career than behind the scenes at Alton Towers Resort! In this role you will work alongside a team of highly skilled professionals, where you will learn all about the engineering, maintenance, stores management, asset management & compliance at our resort.
Supported by your studies, you will gain an understanding of the statutory and legislative requirements involved in keeping our guests and business safe at all times. As you develop within your role, you will always have Health & Safety as your number one priority, as well as learning more about Merlin Entertainments and the amazing career you could have working with us!
We treat our people as individuals, so you will have a clear training and development plan from day 1 of joining us. We will ensure you are supported every step of the way through your apprenticeship, with both classroom and practical experience.
What we’re looking for
- A “can do” attitude and endless energy and enthusiasm for the role and our unique business.
- Good organisational skills.
- You will possess excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to enable you to work within a team focused environment.
- Excellent attention to detail - the role requires the diagnosis and repair of complex mechanical and electrical problems.
- Good level of computer literacy is desirable with Microsoft Office.
- You have an analytical mindset - willingness to learn and grow and embrace future technology and use it to develop your own future skills.
- A keen interest in engineering.
- A self-disciplined approach to your studies will be required as well as to your timekeeping and attendance in the workplace.
- A full UK driving licence would be advantageous.
- There is a requirement to work at height.
At least 5 GCSE’s at C/4+ including;
English & Math's GCSE C/4+ or L2 Functional/Key Skills (required prior to enrollment)
The Perks of the job
Number one- we’re a fun, friendly and unique environment in which you are guaranteed to meet like minded people and have fun! Benefits include:
- Up to 2 days volunteer leave per year for all employees with at least 1 year of continuous service
- Fortnightly pay
- Fantastic progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Discretionary company bonus
- Merlin Magic Pass which gives you, your friends and family free admission to all our attractions worldwide- Worth over £1000!
- Access to exclusive employee events and monthly incentives
- 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants
- 40% discount on LEGO
- Life Assurance
- Accessible employee transport links
Why Alton Towers Resort?
Alton Towers Resort has been a world-renowned haven of fun and adventure for almost 200 years! Set in over 500 acres of beautiful Staffordshire countryside, the Alton Towers Resort offers 5 fantastically themed Hotels / accommodation, plus over 40 world class rides & attractions.
We pride ourselves on delivering massive giggles, mega thrills and major glee to all of our guests, and aspire to deliver the same to our employees. We treat everyone as unique individuals and understand that everyone has their own talent and skills to being to the Resort to deliver Fantastical Escapism to our guests.
If you want to join a team where Banishing the Ordinary is part of everyday life; where you can make new friends, meet new people, and where no one day is ever the same as the next, then Apply Today!
Following your application, a member of our team will be in touch via email to arrange an interview here at our Alton Towers Resort- you could be delivering magical experiences in less than 7 days’ time!
Got a question? Please contact us at Recruitment@Alton-Towers.com
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters!
Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.
If you have any questions or if you require any assistance, because of a disability or medical condition, please contact us by email at Recruitment@Alton-Towers.com and one of the team will get back to you as soon as possible.