What's new for Scarefest 2021?
- Friday October 1st 2021
This year, we are introducing a brand new spooktacular family attraction, Trick O Treat Town, where every day is Halloween and the townsfolk favourite past time is trick-or-treating for the town’s visitors.
Our Entertainments Creative Manager, Kieran Kimberley, originally came up with the concept back in October 2020 and has since been working hard to create new set designs and character profiles to bring the new attraction to life.
What is Trick o Treat Town about?
Trick o Treat Town is a family-friendly attraction, which will bring to life the classic British perception of American Halloween fun. Trick o Treat Town is a vibrant, comic-like, other-worldly experience which immerses guests into a fictional US town. From the Back to the Future Town Square and extravagant comic-like graveyard, to the Midwest inspired haybarn and architype American haunted mansion, guests will head through the town knocking on the doors for some sweet treats and family spooks along the way!
The new attraction is designed to allow all guests to have the freedom to experience the Halloween tradition in a fun and safe environment.
Here’s a sneak peak into the build of the new attraction:
What is returning for Scarefest 2021?
From Friday 8th October, Scarefest will return with four multi-award winning, terrifying mazes. After auditioning over 400 applicants to complete the spooktacular scare team, guests can expect the unexpected when stepping inside. The scare mazes returning this year, are:
- Freak Show: Toxic Junkyard: Set outside in what appears to be an abandoned junkyard, daring thrillseekers will discover the dark and disturbing secret it hides in a truly chilling experience. After being hunted and cast out of the community, the last of the Freak Show psycho clowns have gone into hiding, plotting in secret their next “BIG SHOW”. Will dare devils entering the junkyard be able to help stop their evil plan or will they become the main attraction of the next performance?
- The Attic: Terror of the Towers: An unforgettable and truly chilling experience set in the eaves of the Theme Park’s famous and historical Tower ruins. Rumoured to be haunted by ‘the Governess’, local legend says she is eternally trying to avenge the death of her charges; taking the spirits of the living as penance…but who will be her next victim?
- Darkest Depths: Get ready for a terrifying new adventure aboard ‘The Mutiny’, a notoriously spine-chilling ghost ship. You’ll truly earn your golden piece of eight by venturing into the darkest depths, avoiding the hazardous calls of the treacherous Sirens, dodging the swords of terrifyingly ghoulish pirate mutineers and coming face to face with the Kraken – the legendary monster of the seas!
- Altonville Mine Tours: Uncover The Legend of the Skin Snatchers offering a tale with a not-so-beautiful twist. Those brave enough can also head to ‘Altonville’, a recently re-opened mine at the Resort, which holds a deep dark secret. Enter the damp, disused mine, which is believed to have once been home to a family of village outcasts. Nicknamed the ‘Skin Snatchers’ by local residents, their spine-chilling secret is about to be unearthed. Remember ‘Beauty is only skin deep’.
Also returning for 2021 is the opportunity to experience the Alton Towers Gardens as it comes to spooktacular life. ‘Garden Lights Walk: Whispering Souls’ is free for guests to enjoy as part of the event’s family friendly frights line-up of live entertainment including the Freaky Five and CBeebies Land Monster Ball.
Top tips for Scarefest 2021
- Save time on the day and get ahead of the queues and pre-book your tickets, Fastracks and even your Maze tickets.
- Arrive early so you’ve got plenty of time to park your car and make your way to the turnstiles
- Mazes are usually quieter (but still dark and scary!) before 4pm, so book an early time slot and enjoy the rides in the dark
- Plan ahead and familiarise yourself with opening and closing times
- Get appy! Download the free Alton Towers Resort App to help plan your day. The app contains up to date queue times, an interactive map and a handy planner where you can plan your day ahead of time and see all the ride details
- There’s so much extra entertainment during Scarefest so we recommend checking the website and app for details. Give yourself plenty of time on park to see it all
- Car share with friends and family – car parking is £6 per car so it’s cheaper and better for the environment too
- Eat outside of peak times – plan to eat early or later than usual as our restaurants and outlets will be most popular between 12pm – 2pm and 5pm – 7pm.
On the Day from
- Save when you book in advance
- Under 3's go free to the Theme Park
- Rainy Day Guarantee - get a free return visit
Per family from just
- Fantabulous overnight stay
- On the doorstep of the Theme Park
- Guaranteed Theme Park entry when you add tickets to your package
- Already purchased admission? Add our scare attractions onto your visit.
- Three Spooktacular favourites return and one all-new scare experience
- Valid Theme Park pre-book required
- Passholder 20% discount available