Blast through an advanced launch portal to a dimension beyond your wildest imagination. Break free from Earth’s atmosphere and glide through the air on our iconic flying rollercoaster.
Experience Alton Towers’ iconic free fly rollercoaster.
Fly face down, close to the ground, and narrowly brush past the trees and theme park footpaths. From ‘lie to fly’ to ‘fly to lie’, you’ll experience two full 360 degree inversions. Flip onto your back in the world’s first ‘lying down’ ride position. Look up towards the vast expanse of space, the universe and the unknown.
Soar, spiral and glide, around the rollercoaster track that simulates the sensations of flight. Galactica is much more than a standard inverted roller coaster; it is a high g-force roller coaster where you can almost touch the ground and the sky. Embark on an exhilarating expedition to another dimension!
Location Forbidden Valley
Maximum Height 20m
Top speed 75kph
- G-Force +3.5G
- Track Length 840m
- Duration 1 min 40 seconds
- Ride Features 2 inversions
- Capacity 1500 riders per hour
- Can you ride? You must be at least 1.4m to ride.
One of the best rides the country has to offer. As close to flying as you can get!
Did You Know?
- Galactica was designed by John Wardley, who has created some of the world’s wildest rides, including Oblivion. Originally built as Secret Weapon 5, our ‘Aerial Inversion Ride’ (AIR) was the first flying roller coaster at Alton Towers Resort.
- A reference to Galactica's previous name can be found in the ride's station - see if you can spot it!
Other Rides and Attractions
If you're a fan of Galactica, explore the other thrilling rides in the Forbidden Valley area of the park, such as the exhilarating twists and turns of Nemesis, or the zero gravity thrills of The Blade.