Top Tips for Mardi Gras!
- Friday May 20th 2022
Get set and prepare to party at Mardi Gras with these top tips to make sure you don’t miss a single thing as you soak up the atmosphere, enjoy fantabulous food and have an all-round thrilliant experience!
There’s even a super handy hint to help you stand out from the crowd and win a money can’t buy VIP experience….
- Pre-book! Not only are you guaranteed entry by pre-booking your ticket, especially during peak times, but you can also benefit from great online savings by pre-booking your visit online in advance.
- Arrive early … make the very most of your day by arriving as the park opens and enjoy the live entertainment on Towers Street as you come through our turnstiles to get you into the party spirit. Plus, each morning we will be surprising one lucky guest by crowning them our Mardi Gras King or Queen of Alton Towers for the day! They’ll get a full VIP experience including unlimited fastrack, food and drink vouchers, Alton Towers Dungeon access plus much more including their very own crown! You’ll need to dress to impress to be in with a chance to win – find out more below…
- App-solutely! Download the Alton Towers Resort App to help plan your day. The app contains up to date queue times, an interactive map and a handy planner where you can plan your day ahead of time and see all ride details and shows
- Tickle your tastebuds and switch up your go-to grub thanks to Food Street – our Mardi Gras pop-up experience offering themed food inspired by the festivities returns for 2022 and is bigger and better than ever before. Choose from delicious ‘Dirty Dogs’ hotdogs, smokery burgers, pulled pork and ribs for a real South American BBQ flavour, or try a Louisiana staple fish-filled fancy Po’Boy sandwich. Finish like royalty by indulging in a traditional Mardi Gras inspired fried and glazed King Cake! Food street is open throughout the day so plan to eat early or later than usual as the outlets will be most popular between 12.00 – 14.00 and 16.00 – 17.00.
- Choose your ‘Krewe’ and get into the spirit before you even arrive! We don’t just mean the fam or friends your heading to the Resort with. Mardi Gras is famous for its ‘Krewes’ which represent the communities and neighbourhood party-goers belong to. As Mardi Gras takes over the Resort, each area will be home to flamboyantly dressed Krewes atop showstopping Insta-worthy static parade floats. Each Krewe represent something unique, from adventure and voodoo, to environmental issues and technology; there is something for everyone to relate to and feel part of. Throughout the day, each Krewe will be ‘takin’ it to the streets’ for some high-energy live entertainment! Don’t miss Towers Street Krewe, new for 2022, bringing something extra special to the Theme Park too. Head to our dedicated Krewe page to find out more (Top tip: At the start and end of each day on Towers Street, at the main entrance, all the Krewes will come together for the ultimate finale, offering guests a wondrous chance to pick their favourite and get into the Mardi Gras spirit!)
- Dress to impress…and give yourself the best chance to win the prize of a lifetime. Each day our Krewes will kick-start the days’ celebration on Towers Street by choosing a Mardi Gras King or Queen. They will receive a whole host of prizes and get a full VIP experience including unlimited fastrack pass for the day of their visit. From feathers to beads, glitter to day-glo gear there’s lots of ways to stand out from the crowd and catch the eye of the Krewes when you visit.
- Bar-illiant – New for 2022 and not to be missed! Our new Lakeside Bar with floating pontoon seating is a must for Mardi Gras 2022. Enjoy a selection of refreshments with stunning views over the iconic Alton Towers lake as you take time from our exhilarating rides and enjoy Food Street.
- Car share. Try and share the journey with friends or family. It’s better for the environment and car parking is £6 per car so it’s better for your wallet too!
- Smoke in the zone! We don’t at all mind guests smoking/vaping during their visit, however, as family friendly Resort we do ask that you use the designated areas. These are highlighted on the park and on the map with a red ‘S’.
- Accessibility If you need assistance or support during your visit you can check out all our available options and facilities ahead of your arrival on our dedicated page including ear defender hire, changing place locations and information about our dedicated sensory Quiet Rooms. The page also details the latest changes to our Ride Access Pass application, which must be completed online at least 7 days ahead of your visit.
- If you snooze you won’t lose out on any of the Mardi Gras celebration, in fact you’ll make the most of it thanks to evening entertainment exclusively for our hotel guests and free parking. During Mardi Gras we have lots of options to help you turn your visit an unforgettable overnight experience. Thanks to our range of themed accommodation, you can choose from self-catering Stargazing Pods to our premium Luxury Treehouses that accommodate groups of 8! Why not continue the Mardi Gras celebration in the calypso climate of Splash Landings Hotel or step inside the rainbow and into the colourful world of the UK's only CBeebies Land Hotel, all uniquely designed for young families.