Rainy Day Guarantee
What happens if it rains at Alton Towers?
Alton Towers theme park opens all season, come rain or shine. We find that most thrill seekers don’t mind a spot of rain, so their day out continues just the same. Others choose to take shelter from the rain in one of the many places to eat around the park.
Unfortunately, wet weather conditions can disrupt our rides and attractions. In some cases, we have to close certain rides to ensure the safety of our guests. We cannot predetermine ride closures, but we will provide real-time updates on the Alton Towers App.
If your day out at Alton Towers is disrupted by more than an hour of continuous rain, you can benefit from our Rainy Day Guarantee. This means that you can return to the theme park another day, to enjoy your favourite rides in the sunshine!
2020 Rainy Day Dates
Visitors to the park on the following dates are eligible for a free return visit:
** All guests who visited us on this date can take advantage of the Rainy Day Guarantee. Whether you bought tickets online or not.
Remember to check back regularly to see if the date when you visited is covered by our Rainy Day Guarantee.
Prepare for the Great British Weather!
Alton Towers Rainy Day Policy Terms & Conditions
- If it rains at Alton Towers Resort on the day of your visit to the Theme Park, you will be entitled to return for a FREE like-for-like visit. “Like-for-like” means that an adult ticket can be exchanged for another adult ticket and a child ticket for a child ticket.
- Your return visit can only be redeemed between the following dates in 2020:
- 23rd March – 3rd April*
- 20th April – 7th May*
- 11th May – 22nd May*
- 1st June – 3rd July
- 1st September – 8th October
- 15th October
- 19th October – 21st October
- If your rainy day was in 2019, you may return within the day bands marked with an asterisk (23rd March – 3rd April, 20th April – 7th May, 11th May – 22nd May).
- 2021 redemption dates will be released before the Theme Park opens in 2021
- The Rainy Day Guarantee cannot be redeemed during special events, including Scarefest and Fireworks. Please check AltonTowers.com for opening times and dates before visiting.
- Return tickets will only be issued upon presentation of the original ticket from your first visit. Photocopies and original booking references are not acceptable. Offer only valid when it rains continuously for one (1) hour or more. Weather conditions will be recorded by Alton Towers Resort and our decision will be final.
- Exclusions apply. To be eligible for the Rainy Day Guarantee, you must have purchased your ticket on AltonTowers.com, for a specific dated "1 Day Pass", priced at £34 (5 days in advance), £42 (1-4 days in advance) or £56 (0-1 days ahead of your visit).
- Excludes any tickets purchased on the day and promotional tickets. Excludes tickets purchased using a voucher code, schools or corporate discount, 3rd party tickets, corporate events, Merlin’s Magic Wand tickets, open dated tickets, 2 day tickets, tickets purchased using 3rd party reward loyalty points and tickets purchased through the Merlin Contact Centre.
- Should it rain on your return visit, tickets will not be transferable and you will not be entitled to a further Rainy Day Guarantee.
- No cash alternative is available, tickets cannot be sold.
- The Rainy Day Guarantee cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Car parking fee and park regulations apply.
- The rainy day calendar will be updated every week. Check back on this page for further details.