Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Alton Towers Season Pass the same as a Merlin Annual Pass?
The Alton Towers Season Pass will grant you access to Alton Towers Theme Park only, the UK’s favourite theme park! A Merlin Annual Pass gives you access to Alton Towers Theme Park as well as a range of additional Merlin attractions.
Is Car Parking included?
Car parking is currently not included with the Alton Towers Season Pass. Car parking can be purchased on the day.
How much is the Alton Towers Season Pass?
The 2018 season pass is currently available for just £55, the price is for an individual pass and is the same price for everyone. There is no adult, child or family pricing. A free carer season pass is available with all season passes.
What about carers?
A free carer's Season Pass is issued to disabled guests who have purchased a Season Pass. The Carers' Season Pass will have the name, date of birth and a photo of the disabled guest. The carer’s Pass cannot be used without the named Disabled Passholder being present.
How can I purchase a Season Pass?
Online orders can be picked up from Splash Landings Hotel at Alton Towers Resort between 10am-4pm on the following dates: February 3rd,4th,10th,11th,12th,17th & 18th You can also purchase a Season Pass from Alton Towers Theme Park when you visit.
When is the Season Pass valid?
- Valid from the start of the season on 17th March 2018 until 4th November 2018 (exclusions apply, visit altontowers.com/tickets/season-pass/)
- Valid for the Alton Towers Theme Park – additional charges for entry apply to all special events, Christmas events, all secondary attractions
Exclusion dates are:
- Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in August 2018 plus the first Saturday and Sunday of September (i.e. 3rd, 4th, 5th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 24th, 25th, 26th & 31st August 2018, 1st and 2nd September);
- Alton Towers Resort Scarefest event (running on the 6th, 7th, 13th, 14th and 19th October to 2nd November 2018 (inclusive))
- Alton Towers Resort Fireworks event (3rd and 4th November 2018)
Season pass holders can visit on above exclusion dates at a special price of £10
What does the Season Pass include?
As a Season Pass holder you can enjoy over 50 rides and attractions, including brand new for 2018: SW8. Home to the UK’s favourite theme park, you’ll get to experience an amazing combination of rides, attractions and shows for thrill-seekers, families and kids of all ages. As a Season Pass holder you’ll get the latest news and special offers straight to your inbox
Can I upgrade my ticket to a season pass during my visit?
The cost of this will depend on the ticket you use during your visit. Please visit our Box Office, situated on Towers Street during your visit.
I visited ATR recently and didn’t know I could get a Season Pass, can I upgrade to a Season Pass following my visit?
Sadly this is not possible. All day passes must be upgraded, in person, on the day of the visit.