‘Tis the season for festive fun!
- Friday November 25th 2022
We’re all feeling festive here at the Resort as our busy team of elves add the finishing flourishes to the grottos, extra sparkle to our Christmas trees and sing Christmas cheers for all to hear… so what better time to tell you all about the fantastical festive fun we have in store for you!
Light up your Christmas with Lightopia!
The award-winning Lightopia returns for 2022 with brand new installations and experiences, letting you control the magic. This stunning, illuminated trail goes by the new theme of ‘Christmas Wonder’ and is packed full of giant lanterns, immersive projection light shows and a series of breath-taking scenes including the Gate of Wonder, Candy Land, mystic animals, Land of Diamonds, Fire Dragons, and a grand water show finale. Plus, this year’s Lightopia takes on a brand-new route through the park, check it out yourself on the map below!
Meander and soak up the atmosphere as you explore the Alton Towers Christmas Market, filled with tasty treats and unique gifts, including:
- Rebecca Louise Gifts - jewellery
- The Vintage Rambler Ltd - Homemade preserves and jams
- Wrap’N’Roll - truckle cheeses and chocolate teacakes
- The Busy Baking Company - homemade cakes and cookies
- Chocolate Treats Midlands Ltd - Chocolate brownies
- Julia Rose - Cashmere wraps, gloves, scarfs
- M+S leisure - personalised Christmas decorations
Plus, lots more to explore!
Let us entertain you…
You’ll be delighted with lively entertainment performed throughout the day on Towers Street, guaranteed to get you singing, dancing, and cheering along!
Check out what’s on:
- Hot Dog Brass Band – The dynamic brass band performs a mixture of pop, funk, and Christmas hits!
- Twisted Balloons – Characterful balloon modeller twisting colourful creations
- Old Time Rags Travelling Show – An exciting interaction performance with vaudeville flair
- Jolly Juggler – A jolly juggling entertainment show that has the wow-factor!
Buckle up and enjoy a whole host of family rides and attractions across three fantastical themed Lands including the UK’s only CBeebies Land, The World of David Walliams with Gangsta Granny: The Ride, as well as Mutiny Bay, plus more including HEX and Spinball Whizzer.
Don’t forget, the wacky Waterpark is also open for you to jump straight into for guaranteed splashtastic fun!
Food glorious food!
With so many festivities going on, you’ll be sure to want a warming bite to eat, check out our mouth-watering selection of food offerings this Christmas:
- Schwenkgrill – Serving smoked sausages
- Farmhouse Burgers – Beef, venison, and pork burgers
- Churros – served with melted chocolate and lotus Biscoff sauce
- Yorkshire Pudding Wrap – turkey or pork wraps with all the trimmings!
- Crispy Duck Wraps – serves with hoisin sauce or Katsu curry
- Greek Gyros – pork, chicken, or halloumi gyros
- Festive Desserts – hot chocolates and marshmallows galore!
And after all those delicious treats, you’ll of course need a festive drink! Head to the Wunderbar for a selection of beers, ciders, mulled wine, and a warming hot toffee apple cider!
One day isn’t enough!
What better way to celebrate the festive season than with a cozy Christmas sleepover, where you can tuck into a delicious evening meal, enjoy seasonal entertainment to get you into the festive spirit, and of course, a magical meet and greet in Santa’s Woodland Grotto with Santa Claus and his team of mischievous elves! Plus, the stunning Lightopia festival is included within your Santa’s Sleepover this year which is truly an awe-inspiring seasonal wonderland not to be missed!
Don’t miss out this family favourite event, book your Santa’s Sleepover today before it’s too late!